Story Time on the Farm
Where Imagination Reigns and Stories Enchant!
Make your day on the farm a creative one filled with memories. Spend up to 4 hours enjoying a unique, interactive opportunity to encourage further development of the children’s language and communication skills.
The tour’s main focus is strengthening language and literacy skills through exploring all aspects of the farm- our Fairy Tale Lane and Discovery Forest Trail, our farm animals and our field crops. They will be challenged to compose their own unique stories using what they see around them on the farm and retell some favorite fairy tales.
Stories abound in the natural world. Our farm, with it’s mix of habitats, provides an opportunity to discover and create some of these stories.
Walk, run, explore and play – the possibilities for learning are endless.
- Children will complete a word journal throughout the day on the farm to use in story compositions back in the classroom.
- All tours are fully guided by experienced, knowledgeable instructors.
- Wagon ride around our fields to grasp the scope of farming
- Relevant take home material to use in the classroom and at home to reinforce what they’ve learned
- Time is spent in our playground giving the children an opportunity for safe, unstructured play time in a grassy, natural setting allowing them to experience the fun side of farms.
- Flexible starting times for the tours to allow for bus schedules and travel times.
Story Time on the Farm
Book Your Farm Tour
Call Leslie or Angie at 905-887-1086 Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours are up to 4 hours in length. $14.00/student +HST
one teacher and an assistant is free per class
A non-refundable deposit equal to the minimum tour charge of 20 people/group is required to confirm your booking.
Tours are available May till mid- December (depending on the weather).
Recommended for grade 1 – grade 5
Vocabulary and story activities are geared to the children’s age and capabilities.
For younger or ESL children our Farm and Forest Tour may be more suitable. Story telling replaces story composition in this tour, encouraging them to strengthen their literacy skills while enjoying the wonders of stories on the farm.