Our Farm Market
Return to simpler times – eat local and savour the flavour of the seasons with fresh from the field taste that just can’t be beat. Visit our market!
Open Victoria Day weekend until Christmas Eve December 24th
It is not hard to cook when the produce is coming fresh out of the field. Meals can be simple yet delicious. There is enough variety grown in Ontario to keep meal time interesting and timely.
Your cooking always tastes great when you start with fresh, quality ingredients.
Along with fresh from the field produce we have a selection of
- Newly laid eggs. An easy meal that is fast and enduring and delicious when the eggs are fresh. Our laying hens produce free run, omega 3 enriched eggs. Our eggs are washed, candled and in the cooler for sale the same day they are laid.
- Raw honey from the hives on our farm is now available in our market. Our beekeeper keeps it raw for us with no heating or filtering so all the goodness and flavour can be preserved. Our Spring Blossom Honey is special and limited in supply. We have 3 honey harvests in our growing season – spring, summer and fall. Each seasonal harvest has a distinct flavour of it’s own because of the seasonal crops in our fields and the wildflowers blooming. Give them a sample and pick your favorite.
- Check out our freezers for pork, and chicken that we’ve produced or sourced locally that is grain fed and humanely raised with no antibiotics or added hormones. Our meat is available all season long.
- Choose from a selection of our own homemade jams made from the fruits harvested from our fields. We also have a great selection of preserves and relishes made by a number of other small Ontario family businesses.
- Who does not want dessert! mmm… try our pies. Baked fresh here on the farm!
Click here for the Foodland Ontario Crop Availability Guide
Ontario Greenhouse vegetables and root crops such as onions and potatoes along with fresh apple cider are still available. The month of May welcomes in the new crops of rhubarb and asparagus.
Fruits and vegetables make for a cool, quick summer meal.
Strawberries –the first sweet taste of summer is eagerly anticipated. Available fresh picked in our market and pick your own approx mid June to early July
Sweet peas and sugar snap peas – late June into July
Black currants, gooseberries, raspberries
New potatoes, green and yellow beans
Sweet corn begins mid July
Tomatoes – mid to late August
Enjoy fresh peaches and other tender fruit from the Niagara region.
Isn’t it just the best time of year? The weather can be amazing and of course the food is fantastic. Take time to celebrate the bounty of the harvest as the variety of crops available is at its peak. We have over 10 varieties of apples featured in our market, including Honey crisp.
Our fresh apple cider is flash pasteurized and delicious. Don’t miss out on our Apple Cider pressing day – the last Sunday of October. Come see the Geissberger brothers make cider on their mobile apple cider press.
Check out our display of garden mums, straw bales, gourds, corn stalks and pumpkins galore. The Indian corn is colourful adding beauty and interest to any door or wall.
We raise our turkeys where you can see them. Free range and grain fed, they are delicious.
Call 905-985-6749 to book your fresh turkey. (we start taking orders late August and need a 5 lb range to try and meet your needs)
Fresh turkeys are available for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This is a quieter time but don’t forget about us. Apples are still plentiful along with the winter storage vegetables such as squash, potatoes, onions and our Nantes carrots (the sweetest variety I’ve ever tasted). It’s soup season and Ontario vegetables will make any combination a winner. Our meats and baked goods will round out an amazing meal; comfort food for the cooler, grey days of autumn.
Traditional Christmas baked goodies are available the beginning of December. Our cookie trays are great for office parties, as hostess gifts, or just adding some variety to the goodies you’ve already baked.
Fresh, grain fed turkeys are also available by special order (call 905-985-6749 to order yours).
Don’t forget to place your “stock up the freezer for winter” orders for we close December 24th and don’t reopen until the Victoria Day weekend in May.
Our fresh cut Christmas trees smell like you’re in the middle of a forest. We have beautiful, fresh cut Fraser Fir and Balsam Fir trees and Spruce trees. They are 5 to 12 feet tall in a price range for everyone’s budget. Need a fresh cut before taking it home? No problem. It’s our pleasure to ensure you have an amazing tree to help celebrate the holidays.
Make our market part of your farm visit. Your stomach will thank you.
We accept cash, VISA, MasterCard and Interac