Farm and Forest Tour
Nature is calling
Expand on our Farming Foundations tour – Go beyond the farm’s fields and explore our forest where wonders abound.
Listen for the sounds of the babbling of the brook and birds singing, search for bugs and signs of animals, smell the scents of the evergreens. We engage the children’s curiosity using their senses as they explore our forest.
Compare the similarities and differences of the wild to our cultivated fields and domesticated animals. Look for and feel the signs of the seasons, how they change and how the farmer adapts to them.
Language development is fundamental in all our tours as children expand their vocabulary and food literacy to incorporate their knowledge of where their food comes from and the natural world around them.
Visit with our farm animals – feeding them, learning about their needs and characteristics. Depending on the season the children will be planting a strawberry plant to take home or out in our fields harvesting what we grow.
This adventure encourages as much physical activity as is appropriate for the children’s age and abilities.
Spend a memorable day outdoors to walk, run, explore and play – the possibilities for learning are endless.
- As with all our tours we encourage learning by doing.
- All tours are fully guided by knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors.
- Wagon ride around our fields – experience the scope of farming as it compares to their backyard
- Relevant take home material to reinforce what they’ve learned when back in the classroom and their home
- Time is also spent in our playground which gives children an opportunity for safe, unstructured play time in a grassy, natural setting allowing them to use their imagination and experience the fun side of farms.
Strengthening their Foundations for a Healthier Future
Tours are available May to November
Farm and Forest Tour
Tours are up to 3 hours in length. $11.75/student +HST
Kindergarten – one adult free:5 students
Grades 1 and up – one teacher and an assistant is free per class
A non-refundable deposit equal to the minimum tour charge of 20 people/group is required to confirm your booking. Starting times for the tours are flexible to allow for bus schedules and travel times.
Recommended for ages kindergarten – grade 5