Summer Fun Farm Tours
Get Outside – Pick, Play, Learn
Our Summer Fun Tours are ideal for camps and daycares with children 3 to 12 years old.
Our tours are fully guided by experienced instructors who know that, although summer is a more relaxed time, we still need to be active and do interesting things. Our focus here is to experience the farm while making learning fun.
2020 Price per child: 2 hours $10.00+HST 3 hours $11.00+HST 4 hours $14.00+HST
– Meet and feed the animals. Learn about the farm animals needs and characteristics, how they change as they grow, as well as how we care for them and why we have them.
– Explore the growth cycle of the plants, the parts of the plant, the importance of soil, the water cycle and how they are all connected.
Exercise is encouraged with games and activities that allow the children to experience the farm and explore where their food comes from. Time is also spent in our playground which gives children an opportunity for safe, unstructured play time in a grassy, natural setting allowing them to experience the fun side of farms. Water play is incorporated on hot days to help keep everyone cool.
The activities change with the season. Connect with what we’re growing in the fields.
- Spring Awakening – children plant a strawberry plant which they will take home to nurture and with care produce some yummy strawberries.
- Summer is the time to pick from the selection of crops in our fields.
- Fall – is pumpkin time and the children will pick their own pumpkin to take home with them.
Emphasis is placed on activities that are inquiry based, interactive and age appropriate.
Take a tour on our wagon around our fields gives you a sense of the scope of farming, the variety of crops and how farms compare to a backyard garden.
-gives children the opportunity for safe, unstructured play time in a grassy, natural setting allowing them to experience the fun side of farms. Imagination reigns in our Barnyard Adventure playground.
-by knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors that greet you and stay with you during your visit.
Personalize your tour with one of our themes
Our themed tours help us tailor our activities to fit your children’s age and interests.
Bees and Insects
Starting times for the tours are flexible to allow for bus schedules and travel times.
-is provided to reinforce what they’ve learned once back in the classroom and in their home
- Early July – strawberries (children ages 5 yrs+) and sweet peas
- Mid July through August – green and yellow beans, tomatoes, zucchini
Children can also have the opportunity for service learning by harvesting in our Giving Garden to give to those in need.