Farming Foundations- A Tour for all Ages
Come! Explore our everyday relationships with nature and farms using all of your senses. Experience learning with the wonder and joy of discovery found here on the farm. What better way to strengthen our connection with the world around us than through the food we eat and drink and the products we use. With knowledge and understanding we can make a difference in our world!
Starting times for the tours are flexible to allow for bus schedules and travel times.
Strengthening their foundation for a healthier future
Come on up to the farm and get down to the basics!
- Farm Animals – Meet and feed the animals. Learn about the farm animals needs and characteristics, how they change as they grow, as well as how we care for them and why we have them.
- Field Activities – Explore the growth cycle of the plants, the parts of the plant, the importance of soil, the water cycle and how they are all connected.
- Experience the seasons through activities that change with the season. Connect with what we’re growing in the fields.
- Spring Awakening – children plant a strawberry plant which they will take home to nurture and with care produce some yummy strawberries.
- Summer is the time to pick from the selection of crops in our fields.
- Fall – is pumpkin time and the children will pick their own pumpkin to take home with them.
- Emphasis is placed on activities that are inquiry based, interactive and age appropriate.
- A wagon ride around our fields gives you a sense of the scope of farming, the variety of crops and how farms compare to a backyard garden.
- Our playground gives children the opportunity for safe, unstructured play time in a grassy, natural setting allowing them to experience the fun side of farms. Imagination reigns in our Barnyard Adventure playground.
- All tours are fully guided by knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors that greet you and stay with you during your visit.
- Relevant take home material is provided to reinforce what they’ve learned once back in the classroom and in their home
Take time to ponder the concept of sustainability found in all the farm’s activities.