Learning through wonder and joy
Online Farm Education Packages - Preschool to Grade 4
Feeling overwhelmed in these challenging times of COVID 19? Struggling to develop lessons that actually stick with the children? Keeping your children at home for schooling? Looking for an enriching experience and engaging curriculum related material the children will enjoy and remember?
Let us help you.
We’ve gone digital to bring you Lessons from our Farm; an online series of 6 videos filmed right here on our farm. We’ll help you explore your food's journey farm to fork by digging into the foundational concepts behind the food we eat and materials we use everyday.
An online farm field trip
Farms make for the best classrooms; they are a natural place for the total immersion of the senses with so much to see and do.
Our video lessons feature our farm’s favorite tour activities which:
- Captivate the children’s attention, cultivating their innate sense of wonder and curiosity
- Meet curriculum requirements in science, health and language for age’s preschool to grade 4.
- Are fun, engaging and memorable proving time and again to make learning stick
- Explore foundational concepts relevant to the children's daily lives
Use our videos as an introduction to your unit or as a review to enhance your lesson taught.
About our Online Video Series
Our six videos are approximately 5-7 min long and are rich in visuals featuring our farm’s animals, plants and habitats. They are filled with information to give you a firm foundation upon which to evaluate your children's comprehension level and retention of the material presented.
We’re building on the basics: We aim to ignite the children’s curiosity and wonder while covering concepts integral to the following primary grade curriculum requirements.
- Characteristics and needs of plants and animals (grade 1)
- Daily and seasonal cycles (grade 1)
- Growth and changes in plants and animals (grade 2,3)
- Soil (grade 3)
- Urban and rural (grade 3)
- Ecosystems and Habitats (grade 4)
Woven throughout these presentations are five of the big ideas of sustainability - systems, diversity, interdependence, cycles and change over time.
The videos are structured into 3 units of 2 videos with each unit building upon the previous level. Activity sheets are included with each video to prime the children’s interest and focus their attention on the concepts presented.