We love Fritata's for a quick healthy dinner. This recipe makes good use of 4 of your share items. (spinach, asparagus, spring garlic and scallions).
Recipe adapted from: happyfoodstube.com
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Scallions, or Onion , diced
7 ounce Fresh Spinach
7 ounce Fresh Asparagus Stalks
3 Spring Garlic
5 Medium Eggs
½ tsp Salt
A Pinch of Black Pepper
2 tsp Thyme
½ cup Milk
3 ounce Cheddar Cheese , optional
In an oven-proof skillet/frying pan, heat the oil and add diced onion. Sauté for about a minute before adding the spinach in.
- Sauté until the spinach has reduced its volume.
- Now preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Meanwhile: Wash the asparagus and trim off the hard ends. Cut the rest of the stalks into 1-1 ½ inch long pieces. Chop the garlic. Add both the garlic and asparagus to the spinach and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt, pepper, thyme and milk and stir well. Pour this mixture over the veggies and cook for a few minutes. When the eggs around the edges start to set, transfer the skillet into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Top with grated cheese and serve warm or cold for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner or as appetizer.
- Make sure to use an oven-proof skillet/frying pan. If you have one with a non-stick coating, use it. It makes a huge difference.
- Use less, more or completely omit the cheese.
- Mushrooms can be also added, just reduce the amount of spinach a bit.