Many of us try our best to eat healthy, but quickly run out of ideas for meals that are both delicious and nutritious [and also easy to make]. Luckily, we’re here to bring you a delicious recipe using some of our favourite spring produce to keep that healthy ball rolling.
All you’re going to need is:
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp of grated & peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups of shredded green cabbage (or nappa)
- 2 cups of thinly sliced locally grown Empire apples
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 toasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
First, just whisk together the vinegar, ginger, mustard, honey & garlic, and then add in the olive oil, salt & pepper. This will be your dressing.
In a separate bowl, toss your apple slices with lemon juice to ensure that they keep from browning.
Next, toss your cabbage together in a large bowl to be served in. Add in the apple, raisins & sunflower seeds.
Now just add your dressing and you’re ready to eat!
*Recipe by Laraine Perri