I still have memories of eating this dish on Christmas Eve as a child and loving it. Still do, but a warning – you have to love celery. Jim doesn’t, so I make this dish as one of the choices at the dinner table only when I have company . The boys and I love it so leftovers are never a problem.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 ½ cups minced onion
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1¼ cup rice, uncooked
- 2 10oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- Brown ground beef in a fry pan.
- Cook rice in broth till done.
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, stirring only once or twice.
Enjoy with a mix of vegetables. It goes with almost anything.